XiMpLe XML editor
XiMpLe is an xml and json editor based on a table grid view (the same nodes are arranged in tables).
The editor is free for non-commercial use and it can be used without installation (in fact it's a portable windows application).
There are available also XML splitter, XML joiner for large xml files and a light text editor.
From version 1.3 it's possible to compare and merge xml files in a grid view mode.
From version 1.4 it's possible to edit also JSON files.
From version 1.5 it's possible to validate with XSD schemas and generate xsd schema.
From version 1.6 it's possible to run scripts (only for commercial using) - watch new features.
Simple and minimal preparation: just download the exe file (one file, approximately 1.4MB), place it somewhere on your hard disk or flash-drive and run it.
It should run on Win 7, 8 and 10 (using .NET Framework 4.5).
- No installation is required - just download one file and run it
- Xml data are presented in well-arranged tables
- Simple and intuitive control even for a beginner
- No need to know xml rules or syntax
- Special sub-tables for mining nested data inside a table
- Transparent clipboard operations all done in a text mode
- Searching and replacing texts with a possibility to use wild cards
- Replacing texts based on a lookup table defined in an external xml file
- Wide range of configurations for editor appearance and output file shaping
- XML splitter for big files (as ximple as possible)
- XML joiner to link it back together (as flexible as possible)
- XML comparator in a grid view
- JSON support with white spaces protection
- Validating XML with XSD schema
- Name and value suggestion according XSD schema
- XSD generation
- Text comparator supports long lines and longer files
- User's guide available for free in a download section
A grid view for a simple xml file
Do you need to edit xml or json files and you don't want to care about xml or json rules?
Do you need to transfer data from your spreadsheet editor to xml file in a comfortable way?
Is your xml or json file too complex or without spaces and it's hard to read it in a text editor?
Do you need to split a big xml file into smaller editable pieces and then join it all together?
Do you need some special and tailored functions?
Do you want to compare and merge two xml (json) files in a comfortable way?
Do you need validate xml with xsd schema or generate new xsd schema?
▸ Use XiMpLe and you will not regret. Who once tried no longer wants otherwise ;-)
This video is available also on youtube Part I
The second part of the video (sorting): Part II
The third part of the video (lookup table): Part III
The fourth part of the video (xml comparing): Part IV
The fifth part of the video (validating with xsd): Part V
The sixth part of the video (scripting and batching): Part VI
A grid view for xml comparing
Originally I was looking for some xml editor which would be able to do several simple tasks:
- display xml data in tables (data grid view)
- be able to select several cells or rows in a table and copy their values to an external editor
- then paste modified values back to the table over old values or add them in new rows
- searching and replacing texts (ideally using wild cards) over elements and values in tables
Surprisingly there were only a few editors which display xml data in tables. And in this small set I didn't find any free (or cheap) editor which was able to fulfil my requirements (the professional ones were quite expensive maybe because they contain many additional functions for transformations and other stuffs which I don't need).
Thus I started to develop the xml editor to make my work easier...